- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp quality olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, optional
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place the cherry tomatoes in a rectangular glass or ceramic baking dish. Add garlic cloves if using. Drizzle with the olive oil and shimmy the dish around to coat everything well. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add crushed red pepper flakes if using.
- Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 35 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and oil/juices are hot and bubbly.
- Serve over your preferred pasta. The image here shows the sauce over fresh cheese tortellinis and a drizzle of pesto.