A variation on my Kale and Avocado salad using granola as a topping instead of plain cashews.
- 2 cups kale, sliced
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- 1/4 cup coconut granola **see notes below
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- salt and pepper
Make the Vinaigrette
- Combine all vinaigrette ingredients in a small mason jar. Secure lid tightly and shake well.
- Put kale and avocado in a medium salad bowl. Toss with dressing until coated. Divide into serving bowls. Top each bowl with half of the granola. Serve.
Using granola as a salad topper is a great way to mix things up. Try Jenny’s Homemade Vanilla Ginger Coconut Granola and keep a mason jar nearby!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 516kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 917mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6850IU | Vitamin C: 95mg | Calcium: 127mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!