- 12 oz fettucine (ideally fresh)
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 2 bell peppers sliced, one yellow and one red
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeds removed, sliced or other spicy pepper
- 1 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice (one whole juicy lime)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10-12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- big handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- dinner rolls, optional
Saute onion in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapeno, cook 2 min and season with salt and pepper. Raise heat to med-high.
Carefully add rum and allow to reduce down about half, 4-5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium again and add the broth, soy sauce and lime juice. Once it simmers, add the bell peppers (adding them late keeps them crisp tender vs. mushy) and heavy cream and bring back to simmer. Cook for 4-5 minutes to reduce/thicken. Add shrimp and cook until pink (about 43minutes). Season again to taste. Stir in the cilantro. Squeeze over more lime juice.
Cook 12 oz fettucine as directed on your package.
Divide the pasta into 2 bowls and top with half the shrimp in each bowl and enough sauce to coat.
Optional: Oven warmed dinner rolls for soaking up any leftover sauce….
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 103mg | Sodium: 855mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2362IU | Vitamin C: 90mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 2mg